11 October 2007

This week I'll be mostly wondering who I am

The incredible hulk?
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Bruce Banner and The Hulk. Penry and Hong Kong Phooey. Niki and Jessica. They've all got one thing in common. Or is that two things in common?

In here inside t'internet we are not necessarily ourselves. Well, maybe I speak for myself. As Hugh Simon would say if (a) he were here, (b) he were a real person, and (c) we were still doing What's Up Doc quotes: "I don't know who he is, but she is definitely not herself."

So while I'm coming up with some worthless drivel to put on here this week, one of the other internet versions of me is out there on some other web site trotting out some other worthless drivel about something or other under an assumed name to avoid embarrassment.

Here's the thing then. Am I the real me? Can I keep being the real me in here? Is it easier to be the real you on some other site with a fake name? Out there I can tell you what I'm thinking, because you don't actually know who I am. But in here...

... I fear I'm getting a bit serious. So let's call it a day. Tune in next week for some other worthless drivel that might at least fall into the 'light-hearted and vaguely humourous' category.

If you're lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment