23 October 2007

This week I'll be mostly on holiday

As I'm on holiday and am 
unable to take a suitable photo, 
here's one I prepared earlier.
I'm on holiday, so there won't be much to say (you'll be pleased to hear).

As we speak, well, as I write, well, as I type, I'm just down the road from where we used to live in Broadstairs, in bed with the missus who is finishing off some book or other, while I think of something to write about the fact that I haven't had time to think about what to write, what with being on holiday and everything.

I'm able to write and post this because the friends we are staying with have just today got wireless internet installed in their home. I was lured in with the usual "hey, you work in computers" conversation, which moved swiftly into the "so you might be able to give us some advice" arena, at which point I (un)wittingly invoked the "while I'm here I could sort it out for you" clause. Within 12 hours I had recommended, supervised the purchase of, and carried out the installation of, a nice shiny Wireless 802.11g ADSL router. All in return for a couple of evenings of good company, an all-day-breakfast, and a few bottles of Stella.

Beats work any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment