16 November 2007

This week I'll be mostly not sleeping

3 add 5 add 4, carry the 1, err ...





There's a lot going on chez Foster at the moment (mainly, relating to the actual 'chez', but that is a story for maybe next week).

There is so much going on in my head that there aren't enough hours in the day for my tiny brain to organise it all, so it seems to be working overtime during the night.

I woke up a number of times during Monday night. On the last occasion I was trying to add up a very long column of single-digit numbers and wasn't able to carry the 1 (what with being asleep). It wasn't much use that I woke up either, because my mental powers of arithmetic whilst concious aren't exactly the best, so it was no use.

I never did get those numbers added up.

Then I woke up a number of times during Tuesday night. Not really sure why.

Wednesday night was the same. The last time I woke, I was trying to remember the lyrics to a Jack Johnson song that I don't even remember the title of. It's the one that starts "doo-do-do-dee, doo-de-do-do, doo-do-do-dee, doo-de-do-do..." Doesn't help does it? Another clue? Sounds like the intro the Bon Jovi's Dead or Alive, but not a steel guitar and more jaunty. Still no help? Another clue? Also sounds like the intro to Joyce Simms' Come Into My Life, but without the warbling, and a bit slower.

Anyway, I figured maybe there was some important meaning to the lyrics, but I guess I'll not be finding out today.

Thursday night I was in major need of an early night. However, I got on a roll with a bit of writing and when I next looked up from the laptop it was early next morning.

At least I got the writing finished.

So, I'm going home tonight and looking forward to a really good night's sleep.

I always sleep well chez Foster.

No comments:

Post a Comment